Answer the following questions and bring this printout with you to your appointment to help discuss your concerns regarding ICP.
1) Describe your itching in detail.
2) Is there a rash associated with your itching? Yes / No
3) If yes, when did the rash appear? Before / After
4) Do you have any of these other possible symptoms of ICP? (these symptoms affect a minority of patients)
a) Pale (clay colored) stool
b) Loss of appetite/nausea
c) Dark urine despite adequate hydration
d) Right Upper Quadrant pain
5) Does your itching disturb your sleep? Yes / No
6) What, if anything, have you done to relieve itching symptoms? Did these methods help?
Blood Tests to request from your Healhcare provider :
1) Total Bile acids (retest if negative and remain itchy)
2) Liver enzymes
Questions to ask your Healthcare provider :
1) Will you prescribe Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) if I am positive for ICP?
2) When will I deliver my baby if I am positive for ICP?
3) What can I do to help relieve itching?
4) Can I have a consult with a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist if I am positive for ICP?