If you are diagnosed with Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy, it can feel overwhelming, scary and isolating. We are committed to providing those affected by ICP with a supportive online community. Our “itchy moms” Facebook Group is a constant source of inspiration and information. It’s open to anyone who wishes to join.
Please read the Guidelines and Member rules below before joining. Although we may not always agree with one another, we must all be respectful and treat other group members with compassion and support.
All of our social media channels are monitored by ICP Care moderators. We do our best to keep information current and to ensure all facts are medically correct.
Our goal is to give every woman with ICP the support and resources she needs to deliver a healthy baby.
The main ICP Care Facebook Group is an “public group” which means anyone on Facebook can see the group and join. This also means the group will appear in search results and all content that members post is visible to anyone viewing the group. Since the group is an “open group” your posts can be seen by any of your Facebook friends which is a great way to raise awareness of the condition.
We do offer an ICP Care Facebook Private Group for anyone with concerns about maintaining their privacy and anonymity. The posts from this group can only be seen by members of the closed group. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to one of our team volunteer Facebook group Moderators to join this closed group along with your reason for needing privacy.
The Postnatal ICP Care Facebook group is for ICP Moms and families affected by Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy. This group is for those that have expressed an interest to connect, ask questions & concerns regarding ICP Moms and babies (Postnatal). The posts from this group can only be seen by members of the postnatal group. Please send an email to email@example.com or reach out to one of our team volunteer Facebook group Moderators to join.
The In Memory ICP Care Facebook group is for Moms and family of the precious babies lost to Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy. You are not alone and we understand and can give you support having lived through loss due to ICP. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join this secret group along with your full name and Facebook link.
ICP Care Facebook Groups by Country
Local Action Facebook Groups by State
ICP Care Facebook groups by state are local action groups to connect locally for organized fundraisers, events and meet ups. Please send an email to email@example.com with questions. To join your state chapter click on your state below.
California: Northern California and Southern California
Delaware (With Maryland for now)
Texas: Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
Vermont (With New Hampshire for now)
Guidelines and Member Rules for the “Itchy Moms” Facebook group
1. Get to know the ICP Care Itchy Moms Group. Stay on topic, be yourself, ask questions, participate and contribute once you feel comfortable.
2. Be kind, factual, and appropriate. Moderators may delete posts and/or remove members at any time if deemed necessary.
3. Listen carefully. When posting a reply to someone, keep in mind there is another person taking your response to heart. How would you speak to your best friend or family? Please be courteous, do not jump to conclusions, and give others the benefit of the doubt.
4. Refrain from the use of foul language. Any messages containing foul language will be immediately deleted.
5. Do not make suggestions that go against protocol for treating ICP. If you do not prefer to take Ursodeoxycholic Acid (the medication prescribed to treat ICP) do not try to persuade others in the group to refrain from taking their medication. In addition, recommended early induction weeks are dependent on each individual ICP case. Please do not try to convince others that early induction is not necessary or suggest that a home birth is safe. These posts will be removed immediately due to the serious nature of the condition.
6. Do not advertise your own personal business or website. If you are interested in donating a portion of your business’s proceeds to icpcare.org, please visit our volunteer page for information as to how you can get involved.
7. If you are concerned about something email us.