Volunteer for Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy
Please join us in raising awareness for Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy. We have suggestions for how you can help our cause, but feel free to reach out to us with your own ideas! Be sure to read and scroll down to the end to review some of the Volunteer Opportunities! Ready to volunteer now? Please take a moment to fill out our volunteer form.
Participate During June’s ICP Awareness Month
June is the month we push our message and mission to raise awareness and education about ICP. Please follow our announcements in the ICP Care Facebook group and participate! Also view the ICP Awareness Month page for additional information. We are always looking for volunteers to help fundraise during the month of June. If you’re interested in organizing an event or fundraiser on behalf of ICP, please email us at email@example.com.
Write, Blog, Post!
- Personal stories are often read, shared, and have the potential to go viral. Help us by telling your story!
Sign up for HARO (Help a Reporter Out) and contact reporters who are looking for relevant stories
- If you have your own blog, write about your experience and be sure to post your link on our ICP Care Facebook group!
- Share others’ stories, images, and your own story on your personal Facebook page.
Need help getting the attention of your local newspaper or TV news station? Reference our Media Tips document on how to get the media involved. Download our Media Letter Template and personalize it with details of your personal experience.
- Look for the “Submit a Story Idea” section on your local newspaper or TV station’s website.
- Contact other press for media exposure for your story or fundraising event.
- Help to educate your community by talking about your ICP experience.
Bring Handouts to Your Local Hospital or OBGYN
- Consider making a special trip or show up prepared to your next appointment!
- Download and print or email to your healthcare provider our Healthcare Professional Brochure to help educate the medical staff. **Printed version available. Contact us.**
- Download and print our Patient Educational Brochure
- Download and print the ICP Infographic
- Download and print the ICP Diagnosis & Treatment Flowchart
- Spread awareness by talking to medical staff about your ICP experience.
- Email medical articles on Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy to hospital staff and your OBGYN or midwife.
Health Care Newsletters Publish Patient Stories to Spread Awareness:
- Large health care networks have a monthly health newsletter, and there is an option to provide a comment. Simply comment through the website, introduce yourself, ICP Care (and upcoming ICP Awareness Month), and your story. Ask if they might want to work with you and/or ICP Care on an article or anything to spread awareness.
- We provide here a Healthcare Newsletter Template to reach out to your own healthcare network
- ICP Moms have received responses and were interested in doing a patient story highlighting their experience.
- You can also check the website to see if they also have a newsletter, and most do! They have an option to submit patient stories
Use Social Networking
- Use social media tools to educate your friends and networks about ICP.
- “Like” the ICP Care Facebook Page.
- Join ICP Care “Itchy Moms” Social Networks: Facebook Group • Twitter • Pinterest • Instagram .
- Watch Videos, “Like” & Subscribe to the YouTube Channel.
- Help ICP Care groups with your support, questions, participation and contributions.
- Participate in our contests.
- Hashtag your posts with #icpawareness #fighttheitchsavealife #wortheveryitch.
Recruit Family & Friends
Your friends and family shared in the excitement of your pregnancy and the scary details of ICP. Turn to them for help continuing to spread awareness.
- Share Facebook posts about Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP) with your friends.
- Talk to others about your experience.
- Re-tweet ICP Care tweets.
Participate in Our Fundraisers
We are a nonprofit always looking for opportunities to raise money to help spread our message.
- Visit the ICP Care Cafe Press store and encourage friends and family to purchase merchandise to help spread awareness!
- Regularly check our ICP Care Facebook groups during the month of June to participate in our awareness fundraisers.
Interested in hosting your own fundraiser? See our fundraising page for details.
Interested in being a volunteer?
Please complete and submit the Volunteer form:
For Fundraising Guidelines and assistance, please contact us.